1. Built an iPhone Utility application from concept to an end product for a company in North America
The client is a funded technology product start-up with a vision to develop iPhone applications that are meant to ease people’s lives. The client is based in North America.
The client wanted to build an iPhone application, that will enable its business users to connect with a comprehensive network of utility service providers ranging from plumbers, carpenters, electricians, to many more across North America. The iPhone application connects to a back-end web engine to search for service providers by type of service, time, and location nearest or preferred by the user. It will then notify the short-listed service providers through e-mails and SMS. The service providers can then choose to get in touch with the user either through e-mails or SMS.
The application will also allow users to bookmark favorite service providers for future reference and also rate them on multiple parameters. With this vision, the client approached Sigma Infosolutions to build this from concept to an end product.
- Providing users and service providers to manage their profiles right from their iPhone and also the web interface
- Inbuilt e-mail and SMS capability to allow users to send messages to other application users
- Built 100% accuracy in identifying the locations based on the geocodes received from iPhone
- Allows users to change the location by entering city, state, and optional zip code to get location-wise listing of the service providers
- Multithreaded data fetch from the web component to iPhone application to speed up loading
The team used the following tools and platforms to develop the application:
- iPhone SDK 3.0
- Grails Captcha plug-in
- Grails Mail plug-in
- Grails Jmesa (with filtering) plugins
- Message Media SMS service provider
- Java APNS library
"Obtained 100% accuracy in reverse geocoding"
2. Built a revolutionary mobile protection application from concept to an end product for a company in North America
The client is based in North America and produces Electronic Control Devices (ECDs) used worldwide by law enforcement, military, correctional,professional security, and personal protection markets.
The client wanted to build an application, that will enable its users to restrict phone usage under certain scenario or create a protection platform and connect with a comprehensive network of utility service providers, to many more across North America. The Protector platform is a combination of hardware, software and services designed to generate piece of mind by providing people with a single dashboard to protect their family, home, and vehicle. The Safe Driver Starter Kit is the first in, what will become a full line of home and family protection products that will all be managed through a unified Protector Console. This initial solution enables parents to help their children form safe driving habits, but the platform has been designed to interface with various products that address numerous different safety concerns. With this vision, the client approached Sigma Infosolutions to build this from concept to an end product.
Sigma Infosolutions had an existing skill set and processes for the project development. It took three months for Sigma Infosolutions' dedicated team of five to design, architect, develop, and test the entire application from scratch. A few of the salient features of this application are:
- Developed the entire Blackberry and Android versions of Driver Protector (that promotes safe driving) and Protector Console (a tool for kids safety)
- Built 100% accuracy in identifying the locations based on the geocode
- Multithreaded data fetch from the web component to mobile application
The team used the following platforms to develop the application:
- Windows Mobile
The client achieved the following business advantages:
- The client is indeed getting lot of inquiries and the product was also demonstrated to secretary of transportation in Washington.
- Got rave reviews in the press after the launch in CES.